Saturday, August 4, 2012

Creating an Inviting Front Entrance

Like the old saying goes, "you only have one shot at making a first impression!" And, when it comes to your front door - the same principle applies.  Then why is it when I drive through my own neighborhood I see the same scenario repeated - either nothing by the front door, or dead flowers/shrubs in pots by the front door. At least the second scenario shows the homeowner at least made an attempt to dress up the door.

If you're going to do it - do it right! Which means you've got to give consideration to two important questions. ONE - how much sun and/or shade does my entry receive; and TWO - am I willing to water on a daily basis. Because the answer to these questions will determine which plants/shrubs you should consider.

My porch gets afternoon sun - but, receives some shade from the crepe myrtles flanking either side of the walkway. So, in my situation - ferns by the door THRIVE and New Guinea Impatience add color to the outside of the porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment